Plight of the Salad Dog Plight of the Salad Dog

This was way too cute, I loved it!

MessnManimated: Going to the Store MessnManimated: Going to the Store

This, this is cool. there's this hint of strange, well, maybe more than a hint, and my sick sense of humor found this funny. The animation was nice, and I love how the movements would act in a strange way you wouldn't quite suspect.

This gets my pass of approval, but I would be curios to see something even more detailed and interesting from you and your chaps in the future. Looking forward to what comes next, cheers!

Stick Fight Moutain Battle Stick Fight Moutain Battle

Hey, look, don't take this one star the wrong way, but I need to get this off my mind.

First of all, the biggest issue that bothered me, how long the animation ran for:

Don't get me wrong, having an animation last three seconds can come to a great effect, more so for something comedic. Although, three to six second videos are much more suited for YouTube.

I timed it, i did indeed count the amount of time your animation lasted compared to your intro title screen. They both lasted exactly six seconds, that's it - six. A six second animation is something I think new grounds could only benefit from by moving away from it. Do you get me?

The animation:

The animation itself isn't actually that bad, hence, me still giving you a star. The background was passable, and the movement was some-what fluid.

Now, why I'm I coming down this hard on an animation about stick men fighting?:

I don't hate this, I don't want to come off sounding like a douche, but I feel I need to be honest. This is exactly what New grounds does not need. New grounds, from I've seen and experienced, is not a place for trailers, six second shorts, things like that. If you make a fight animation with stick men, you gotta push the boundaries just as animation vs animator did. This is definitely the kind of thing you would label a "practice" animation, and New grounds is not the place for that. Maybe YouTube, but not here.

Try making something longer, add an element no one has really seen or expected before in a stick animation. Hell, if you do, upload it to YouTube and link it to me. I would love to see you take my words and make me eat them, I really would. We all start somewhere, all I'm saying is that this is a place for a later animation, a later time, when you are finally feeling like you have something that's not just passable, okay, or even good. This is a place for a time when you have something great, and I'll be here waiting for that day you can make me eat my own words.

Good luck.

Mr. Dink's Grill Mr. Dink's Grill

Vinny, what have you done...

Aside from that, a lot of this was beautifully done. Wish I saw some of the "Thit on my couch Douglath! ", but overall, love this. Good job guys.

BELLEZA BELLEZA

This is really beautiful! Everything is meshed together very well. Very nice and chill. As a loop, all you have to do is make literally a slight adjustment, and it'll be perfect.

Elvisonte responds:

Okay, thanks, I'll take it into account, I value your comment.

Deep Deep

I think you had something interesting going on; the only advice I would have to give you is to keep at it, and think you'll be making some really nice stuff in the future.

Big Guns Big Guns

Holy shit, this was so nice! Everything just blended together very well and went in hard. Great work!

Broken bones Broken bones

Have nothing more to say than I love everything about this.

Epidemic Epidemic

You know what, bravo on the moon and clouds. The shading look's very nice. I like the little detail with the eye's, really clashes with the blood and the whole color scheme in very striking way.

I remember seeing your art for the first time and thought, "This is pretty alright." This piece really showed me that you have been improving.

Keep at it, would love to see what comes next.

Oddlem responds:

Thank you a ton! ;v; My intention was to create contrast with the blood and eyes to represent uneasiness, so I'm super happy that you think so. I'm always trying to improve on my artwork (even though I never seem to understand anatomy for the life of me lol), so this seriously means a lot to me! >w<

A quiet night A quiet night

I can feel what you are trying to convey here, a quiet night.

I like this, the characters have interesting designs, the clothing is quite appealing, and how the characters compliment each other (Colour scheme and the use of the emblem) are well done.

Shading is nice and even more well done in certain areas.

My only problem would be the background. I totally get that backgrounds are a pain in the ass, especially when the main focus is the characters, but I think the background in a piece like this would definitely add the overall feeling trying to be conveyed. I don't think anything too drastic would need to be taken for the background, but I think at least a little touch up here and there would really help this work.

The only other criticism I would have left is the hand beside the dog, but it didn't fully bother me, just a little thing.

All in all, a very nice piece. I did feel what you were trying to convey, and I think if you were to ever come back to this, you could really make this something more. Really liked it. Hope to see future works.

TheHereticLocomotive responds:

Wow! Thank you very much! :D This the first constructive comment that I ever received. I usually get boring comments like "Wow!", "Nice!", "lol" or an emoticon, I do appreciate them but they don't help me very much. Again, thank you :) ! But sadly I don't think I'll remake this image for two reasons: 1. I want to learn from my mistakes, not hide them and 2. I no longer draw in this style.